Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Days Thirteen, Fourteen, and Fifteen

Friday, April 20, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:
For the past ten days, we have been commuting to and from Sacramento to stay with my son, Daniel. Today, we left Sacramento at 9:30 A.M. and drove to Sutter Creek to have breakfast before I began walking. After breakfast, we visited Saint Katharine Drexel Catholic Church. Stopping in this Church we've driven past for the last couple days was important because Saint Katharine Drexel started Saint Michael's Mission in the Diocese of Gallup, NM (St. Michael's, AZ). 
At Saint Katharine Drexel's Catholic Church
  • Father Collins gave me a blessing
  • Visited one of the Knights of Columbus who was preparing for Saturday night's barbeque dinner at the church
  • Met two Spanish ladies who wanted a close look at the Lady of Guadalupe Cross I am carrying this week. Maria and Kiki spent about ten minutes with me chatting and admiring the cross. They donated nine dollars to contribute to the purchase of a sonogram machine.
When we arrived in Pine Grove to begin the day where yesterday ended, a couple approached me (Ted and Debbie), chatted, and gave me two dollars. Later, while I was walking, a lady named Amy stopped and handed me a ten dollar bill. 
Didn't get to start walking until 12:50 P.M. and walked until 6:30 P.M. The walk was slow and mostly climbing. Did not feel at all well today. Even though I do not want to take time off, I think it best I rest and recuperate over the weekend. Finished today with thirteen miles, giving me a total of 141.2 miles. 140 miles is not where I was hoping to be after two weeks, but I am on schedule. 
Arrived back in Sacramento at 9:00 P.M. and intend to spend the weekend resting.
Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°24.6424'
W 120°39.1522'
Elevation: 2,507 ft
Course: E 84 T

Ending:
N 38°30.0366'
W 120°30.1153'
Elevation: 4,118 ft.
Course: SSW 209 T


Saturday, April 21, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:
Rest and recovery.

Today's Coordinates:
N 38°30.0366'
W 120°30.1153'
Elevation: 4,118 ft.
Course: SSW 209 T



Sunday, April 22, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:
Rest.
Attended Mass at St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church in Sacramento with my son and grandchildren. Watched granddaughter, Sophia, play soccer.

Today's Coordinates:
N 38°30.0366'
W 120°30.1153'
Elevation: 4,118 ft.
Course: SSW 209 T




No comments:

Post a Comment