Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day Sixteen

Monday, April 23, 2018

Seeing the roads my dad has to walk is terrifying, but I trust that he is in God's care. However, we could not get cell service today so I caught up to him a few times to offer him rest and water. I parked a little ahead and tried to walk with him. I think he was too tired and driven to want to give the cross to me. So I just followed as he heaved his pacing breaths in rhythm with his walking stick.
Window down, read my book, and waited with Stuart.

Crossbearer's Log:
Departed Sacramento at 6:10 A.M., drove to the "spot" thirteen miles northeast of Pine Grove, California, from the day before in Barton, California. Began the day's walk at 9:00 A.M. and continued my climb for the next five hours. Going is slow. No shoulders on the road most of the day, seems like nine of the ten miles were uphill. Got my first glimpse of the snow-capped Sierra Nevada mountains. Hopefully, since I am now over 5,000 feet elevation, most of the climbing is over. 
I feel significantly better today because I paced myself slower going over the mountains. My legs are still weary from climbing last week, and I do not want to be drained for tomorrows walk. 
Staying the next three nights in Pioneer, California.

Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°30.0366'
W 120°30.1153'
Elevation: 4,118 ft.
Course: SSW 209 T

Ending:
N 38°32.5824'
W 120°20.5646'
Elevation: 5,946 ft.
Course: S 188 T

No comments:

Post a Comment