Thursday, April 19, 2018

Day Seven

Saturday, April 14, 2018
Feast of Saint Lydwine of Holland

Airenne, my college roommate and dearest friend, drove to Sacramento to spend time with me and my family! I am always so thankful for her friendship, but especially on this weekend when I had the children. She was great with them, loving towards them, and calmed some of my anxiety about being responsible for them. We sat at a Starbucks and fed them club sandwiches, cake pops, and hot chocolate. Airenne played games with Sophia the whole time while Jett sat on my lap and we mostly watched them. I bought them a fingerprint painting book, and they had fun using that too! The time flew by so quickly.
As we were leaving, Jett asked me to carry him. I stepped off the curb and onto a parking block I did not see. My toes scraped the parking block and I fell, doing my best to make sure Jett didn't get hurt. He didn't, but he sure could scream. I could feel several cuts on my body throbbing and I sat in that parking lot for a minute while Airenne, thankfully, took the kids to the RV. I hadn't scraped up my knee in fifteen years or something ridiculous. I hate the blood. I hate the puss, especially. And I hate the bits of gravel embedded into my skin. I became a little self-absorbed that day because children have an uncanny ability to find your injuries and accidentally hit them. Repeatedly. I tried to reign in my dramatic and offer it up, but I'm not sure I did a good job of it.
We went to retrieve Dad and Daniel, and spent the rest of the day playing with the kids. That night, Airenne and I invited Sophia to a sleepover in the RV where we read a beautiful pop up version of The Wizard of Oz, played catch, and Sophia talked until she fell asleep.

Crossbearer's Log:

Today, finally, was an easy six mile walk. Daniel walked with me and carried the cross so as to save my shoulders some burden. Sophia walked the first two miles before deciding she had had enough. We stopped when we crossed the overpass for Highway 99. 
Exhausted from the last six days of walking. Week one involved ninety-three miles. 

Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°11.3604'
W 121°23.4429'
Elevation: -14 ft.
Course: N O T

Ending:
N 38°11.3909'
W 121°15.6564'
Elevation: 28 ft.
Course: Stationary

No comments:

Post a Comment