Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day Seventeen

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I felt sick the past few days. After I dropped my dad off at his starting point, I climbed in bed in the back of the Chinook and tried to sleep. However, I wasn't tired, the Chinook was parked in a slant, and I was unable to get warm. It felt a lot like waiting out a storm. But my cat, Stuart, snuggled which made me happy. Once the Chinook got toasty and uncomfortable, I climbed out of bed and arranged things so I could begin looking for my dad.
I found him at the ten mile marker and the timing was almost perfect. Still feel ill.

Crossbearer's Log:
My walk started at 8:15 A.M., walked for four and a half hours, eleven miles, and finished at 12:30 P.M. 
The walking was easier today, climbing approximately eight out of the eleven miles. The climbing today, however, was less strenuous than the last few days and three out of the eleven miles were either flat or downhill. 
The first hour and a half was nice and cool and shady. The last three hours were warmer, but there was some shade and a breeze. 
Total climbing was approximately 1,700 feet, and I started to see snow on the side of the road at 5,800 feet. 
My knees are agitated from stepping down and back up on the road to accommodate traffic the last five days. Will ice later on today. 
Just before the ten mile mark, a woman pulled off the road and offered me water, which I graciously accepted. Her name was Jenna from Arkansas and I greatly appreciated her stopping to help me.

Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°32.5824'
W 120°20.5646'
Elevation: 5,946 ft.
Course: S 188 T

Ending:
N 38°37.4159'
W 120°12.8332'
Elevation: 7,231 ft.
Course: WNW 282 T

No comments:

Post a Comment