Thursday, April 19, 2018

Day Five

Thursday, April 12, 2018
Feast of Saint Sabbas

I got to spend time with my niece and nephew, Sophia and Jett, today! They're so much fun, and I enjoy every second I get to spend with them. Super active kids, and I got to watch Sophia play soccer, the sport that has my heart. She is better than I am and she's seven.

Crossbearer's Log
I continued my walk from yesterday's ending point on Highway 160 before turning onto Highway 12, but I stopped short of a long bridge due to road construction stretching for the next five miles. I decided to stop at that point because I knew the next five miles would be slow.
Today's surfaces were the most flat I have seen thus far, but they were asphalt and extremely hard on my legs. I walked the nine and a half miles at a twenty minute pace, but most of the walk up to this point has been at approximately a twenty-five to thirty minute pace. I seem to be getting stronger.
My son, Daniel, picked up my granddaughter, Sophia. When he told her that Grandpa was at their house, Sophia's reply was, "Did Grandpa quit already?"

*Sabba' is Arabic for "Old Man" so he's a saint I have something in common with.  

Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°5.9300'
W 121°42.3512'
Elevation: -15 ft.
Course: N O T

Ending:
N 38°7.6612'
W 121°35.0588'
Elevation: -23 ft.
Course: Stationary

No comments:

Post a Comment