Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day Ten

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 
Feast of Saint Apollonius the Apologist

Beautiful day for me as I sat in a Starbucks and worked on the blog all mid-day (thank goodness for WiFi accessibility). After dad's walk, we went back to my brother's house and spent time with the kids. Dad mostly slept. 
Crossbearer's Log
10:50 A.M. at the corner of Liberty Street and Highway 88. Goal for today is to walk five hours, and I walked five hours and ten minutes, finishing in Sutter Creek at the Paul Bunyan statue. I felt great for the first two and a half hours, but things started falling apart towards the end. for the second half of today's walk, I experienced aching and cramping muscles, headaches, dizziness, light-headedness, blurred vision. These problems slowed my twenty minute miles to thirty-five minute miles.
This portion of the walk was a continual climb, mostly steady, but steep in places. Not much to write home about. Today was one of those days where you just have to finish. 
At this time, I do not feel well. May stay home tomorrow for recovery.  
Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°14.1512'
W 121°3.0114'
Elevation: 141 ft.
Coordinates: Stationary

Ending:
N 38°21.5106'
W 120°49.4744'
Elevation: 1307 ft.
Coordinates: Stationary


No comments:

Post a Comment