Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Day Nine

Monday, April 16, 2018
Feast of Saint Bernadette

Today was peaceful for me aside from dropping him off at the last location and running to get him breakfast and then driving back to him and deliver it before going back to the truck stop to park and wait. Everything feels like a chore when your vehicle is too big for you. But I'm happy I get to help, and it gives me something to offer up.
For the rest of today's allotted five hours, the windows were cracked in the Chinook while I snuggled with my cat, Stuart, and read my book with the fresh rain scent drifting in and cooling the RV.  I loved looking up from my book and seeing rain spots on the window, but I felt bad for dad whose day was much more...riveting.
Crossbearer's Log
7:32 A.M. at the corner of Highway 99 and Peltier Road. My goal for today was to walk fifteen miles, finishing the day at the corner of Liberty Street and Highway 88. The forecast for today called for rain, so I tried to set a good pace at the beginning so as to limit my time in the cold rain. 
Three hours into my walk, the dark clouds that had been building up and following me all morning had caught up to me. For the last two hours, I walked in the hail and rain. No matter my pace, I could not get ward and my hands were consistently freezing. 
However, since I got to rest on Sunday, I felt fresh and good the entire fifteen miles. Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow's walk. Viva Cristo Rey. 
At about two and a half hours into the walk, a husband and wife, Barney and Cruz (Cross) respectively, stopped and talked to me. After talking, we joined hands and said a prayer. They were in the Cursillo group and Barney was a Brother Knight. When they handed me a ten dollar bill, I explained that it would be donated to funding a sonogram machine for a pro-life clinic. 

Today's Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 38°11.3909'
W 121°15.6564'
Elevation: 28 ft.
Course: Stationary

Ending:
N 38°14.1512'
W 121°3.0114'
Elevation: 141 ft.
Coordinates: Stationary

No comments:

Post a Comment