Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day Fifty

Day Fifty
Sunday, May 27, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:

Today I wanted to begin early and be able to attend 10 AM Mass. My legs were so tired from the long walk yesterday that I chose to give them more recovery.

Went to 10 A.M. Mass and afterwards, Father Dan Hussey gave me a blessing for the Pilgrimage. Father Hussey is an Irish priest, his first assignment was at Sacred Heart Cathedral in Gallup, NM. He was a parish priest in the Diocese of Gallup for thirteen years, and it was nice talking to him.

He suggested we have lunch on him at Dos Amigos operated by George and Sarah. Anytime I received a gift, I always take the cost and forward it to a fund for a sonogram machine; meeting George and Sarah was an honor. I enjoyed meeting them more than I enjoyed eating their great food.

Finally started walking at 2:20 P.M. in the rain. It stopped after a mile and a half and temperatures were in the 60s the rest of the day.

Today's Distance: 7.4 miles

Total Distance: 572.6 miles

Ahead of Schedule: 72.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment