Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Day One Hundred Sixteen

Day One Hundred Sixteen
Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:

The last 23 days were spent working at the hotel in Colorado which makes a total of 45 days away from the road. The future will see even more days away from the road, unfortunately. Thanks to the sacrifices my family made, we were able to take control of the hotel from extremely poor and dishonest management.

I put a management team in place so I could take this pilgrimage to pray for life. Obviously, that did not work out in my favor, but hopefully I'll be able to walk at least 2,000 of the 2,900 miles on the road. While I'm working between the Colorado hotel and the New Mexico RV Park, I will be walking as much as I can so as not to fall shy of the distance I promised to walk.

My sister, Ann Merkley from Williamsburg, VA flew into Casper, WY from Richmond, VA to help follow me for eighteen days. Ann arrived at 8:15 P.M. after I had walked fifteen miles that day, placing me fifteen miles east of the of the Casper East RV Park on Highway 26.

Since I only have eighteen days to walk, I will be pushing myself past my limits to cover as much ground as possible before I have to go back to work.

There are no mileage markers, so I will not be able to pinpoint where I begin and end each day.

Today's Distance: 15 miles

Total Distance: 866.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment