Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day Fifty-Nine

Day Fifty-Nine
Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:

I got an early start, leaving at 6:23 A.M. My starting point was Mile Marker 23 just outside the driveway of the Pilot Motel. I walked to the Utah border just past Mile Marker 34 (11.2 miles), arriving at the state line at 9:54 A.M.

After crossing into Utah, I ran into road construction for the next 3/4 mile. Surprisingly, the construction workers seemed to be very cautious of what I was doing, even though I took extra precaution through the work zone. I did not see the need to slow down.

It will never cease to amaze me the kindness others have towards me as I walk down the road. After crossing into Utah, I walked an extra 4.2 miles for a total of 15.4 miles for the day. Finished just after mile marker 4 on Highway 30 in Utah.

Today's Distance: 15.4 miles

Total Distance: 680 miles

Ahead of Schedule: 90 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment