Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day Fifty-Seven

Day Fifty-Seven
Sunday, June 3, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:

Slept in late to go to 9:30 Mass at Saint Thomas Aquinas Church. The priest from Elko could not make it, so we had a communion service instead of Mass. Afterwards, we packed up, left Motel 6. filled the gas tank, and drove to the Oasis Exit. We exited at 178 on I-80 and started walking at 12:10 P.M. down Highway 233. I walked 9.9 miles until I reached Mile Marker ten.

We drove to Montello, thirteen miles North to stay at the Pilot Motel. I have thirteen miles to walk tomorrow until I reach Montello, and thirteen miles the following day to reach the Utah border (FINALLY).

The walk was pleasant, surprisingly. I expected it would be tougher after three hard days, but I walked through a valley with mountains on each side. The sagebrush and dry climate reminded me of the Navajo Reservation.

I wore shorts for the first time today and got burned on the back of my legs. At this point in my life, I will never learn.

Today's Distance: 9.9 miles

Total Distance: 651.6 miles

Ahead of Schedule: 81.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment