Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Day Twenty-Four

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Crossbearer's Log:
Walked from 7:50 A.M. to 12:50 P.M. -- five hours and a total distance of 15.2 miles. 
Thankfully, it was a cool day with the wind blowing in my face. The breeze felt good. There was a large dirt area off the highway so, after many days on a hard surface, it was refreshing to walk fifteen miles on mostly a soft surface. It will help my legs recover without having to take off a day to rest. 
The first seven miles were mostly flat with about a half mile upward climb, while the last 8.2 miles provided a long steady climb before becoming a steep climb for the last two miles. 
This is the first day of the walk where I walked for five hours and maintained an average of twenty minutes a mile. If I am going to achieve my goal of reaching Washington, D.C. in a timely manner, I need to be able to sustain a good pace for five hours. 
Since I walked mainly off of Highway 50 and didn't run into anyone, I was able to make good time.

Coordinates:
Beginning:
N 39°8.5540'
W 119°46.0680'
Elevation: 4,691 ft.
Course: W 278° T

Ending:
N 39°22.6352'
W 119°19.8959'
Elevation: 4,488 ft.
Course: S 191° T

No comments:

Post a Comment